Our sign shop traces its history through 8 generations, to wheelwrights, gilders, and sign shops in the late 1700s. The “Smith Sign Studio” name began in 1928 when Howard F. Smith decided he was ready for self employment. His son, Kent, is the current CEO of the company. Kent expanded the scope to include electrical signs and expanded installation services as well as today’s computerized full color pictorials – But he still prefers the antique arts learned from his father, such as gilding, mirroring, faux finishes, etching, carving, and lettering by hand.